Immigration & Nationality Law Group
Call Today 504-322-1407 866-585-1072

US Permanent Residency Archives

The role of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is an important agency that operates throughout the country, including in New Orleans, Louisiana. This agency is responsible for monitoring lawful immigration to the country and is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Let's examine the role of the USCIS.

How to maintain your permanent United States residency status

Obtaining your green card to live legally in the United States is an exciting time for people of any background. You've worked hard to obtain the green card, studied, worked and done everything the laws have asked you to do. Simply obtaining the green card for permanent residency does not mean you will keep it for the rest of your life. You need to maintain your permanent residency status.

Looking at marriage fraud in the United States

Marriage fraud continues to be a problem in the United States even though there are laws in place that make it illegal. Some people will marry simply to obtain a green card so they can either enter the country or remain in the country in New Orleans. Let's take a look at marriage fraud and the law that governs this crime in today's post.

What are the eligibility requirements for American citizenship

It doesn't matter your race, your religion or your creed – U.S. citizenship is open to anyone who meets the requirements. That said, there are some people who can gain citizenship faster than others based on their education, job history, skills and family relationships.

Re-entry permits for permanent residents of the United States

Lawful permanent residents of the United States are usually allowed to leave the country and come back. However, some limitations may apply. This is why all lawful permanent residents may want to apply for a re-entry permit, as it will ensure that they can come back into the U.S. once they've left.

6 obligations of a permanent resident

If you seek to become a permanent resident, you're likely most interested in the new rights that you'll get. Not only will you lawfully be allowed to live in the United States, but you can own property, go to public schools, get a job, obtain a driver's license and apply to have family members join you in Louisiana. These are just a few examples, but they show you how beneficial this status can be.


Immigration & Nationality Law Group
938 Lafayette Street
Suite 201
New Orleans, LA 70113

Toll Free: 866-585-1072
Phone: 504-322-1407
Fax: 504-569-4697
Map & Directions